- Flyingseeds design studio Pvt. Ltd. , New Delhi
The Rock Face Project
Architect’ Firm: Flyingseeds design studio Pvt. Ltd. , New Delhi
Contact e-mail:Abhinav@flyingseeds.in, Kakoli@flyingseeds.in
Lead Architects: Abhinav Chaudhary, Kakoli Bhattacharya, Shubham Vasudev
Project location: Bhopal, India
Commencement year: 2018
Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 75000 sqft
SIte Area : 2 acres
Project Description*[ THE ROCKFACE PROJECT]
The prime objective while conceptualizing this futuristic Hotel design was to create a concurrence between the Built mass and existing beautiful rocky plateau through the ecological weave and providing optimal, sustainable, green environments for different desired activities.
The idea emerges right from the rock face backdrop of the site going as high as 20 meters. The tectonics of design meanders along the contours of the existing terrain frames the back drop and merges with it simultaneously . The guiding contours make the floor plates glide over each other, creating skewed volumes within. The voids, carefully created to introduce permeability within the building for an accentuated interaction of the user though the built, to the existing natural rock-face!
The building here is conceived from top to bottom. It starts from the vantage point at the top of the rock cliff, which houses the health club lounge, terracing down till the foothill, creating huge lush green terrace garden on intermediate floor, act as insulation layer for the lower level and also cater to a gathering for more than 1000 people at one time.
The design strategically infuses decks and terraces at various levels bestows wide angle views of endless rocky plateau experiencing windy pleasant evenings of subtropical humid weather of Bhopal.
Central arena with indoor courts (atrium) superimposed with huge glass cover are surrounded by areas that can be adapted for small or large group settings(Lounges, lobbies, terrace gardens). There are opportunities for both formal and informal nature throughout the building and making essential use of existing natural rock with strategic landscape courts, terraces and most important of all the 'waterfall' maintained as spine feature for all the connected spaces can be reconfigured to accommodate client needs.
· FOLLOWING GREEN DESIGN APPROACH IN PLANNING AND DETAILING
· FORMULATE WASTE MANAGEMENT SCHEMES
· GIVING BACK TO THE NATURE
· ENERGY AND WATER CONSERVATION
· GENERATING INTERACTIVE DESIGN FOR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
· FORMULATING CLUB RULES AS PER LOCAL SOCIAL STRUCTURE
· EXCELLENT STAFF MANAGEMENT, MOTIVATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
· INCREASED BRAND VALUE AND WELL PRIORITISED BRANDING SCHEME
· RISK MANAGEMENT
· AWARDS AND RECOGNITON
· REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
SUSTAINABLE GREEN DESIGN APROACH AND FACTORS
· ORGANIC POOL
· GREEN ROOF
· DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM
· NATURAL STP, EVENTUALLY USED FOR IRRIGATION. ROTATING BIOLOGICAL CONTRACTORS
· USE OF LOCAL MATERIALS
· OPTIMUM LIGHT AND VENTILATION
· LOW E GLAZING SYSTEM
· OPTIMISED WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, RECYCLING AND COMPOSTING
· BIOGAS FOR COOKING AND GENERATING BIOFUEL FROM WASTE COOKING OIL
GREEN AWARENESS EVENTS, WORKSHOPS AND INITIATIVES. COMPOSTING, RECYCLING,